- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – June 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
- LDH Institutional Reporting
Dear campus community,
Good Tuesday morning. Special thanks to our College of Applied and Natural Sciences for their leadership in supporting health and safety for our campus community!
During the spring quarter, our Good Nutrition Mission Food Pantry, located in Room 152 of Carson-Taylor Hall, provided nutritious food for many students who needed assistance when the COVID-19 pandemic had just begun.
This summer, Dr. Catherine Fontenot worked to renovate the food pantry and develop a plan to keep our students safe while they picked up groceries. Department faculty determined online grocery ordering and quick pick-up of supplies was the best way to avoid gathering crowds in the pantry.
The newly renovated pantry will mean our students can find more variety and a greater volume of non-perishable food supplies. ; the on-line order process means minimizing unnecessary gathering of large numbers of people at one time….keeping everyone safe!
You can visit latech.edu/food-pantry to find out more about the simple ordering system. You’ll need to complete the following steps to make an order from the pantry:
- Complete the “hold harmless” form.
- Complete the Food Pantry Supplies Received information form (the top portion).
- Scan your campus ID card.
- Email all forms and the copy of your ID to GoodNutrition@latech.edu.
Then, you can simply visit the online order form and select your groceries. You can pick up your orders on the following days:
- Groceries ordered on Mondays will be available for pick-up on Wednesdays from noon to 3 p.m.
- Groceries ordered on Wednesdays will be available for pick-up on Thursdays from noon to 3 p.m.
- Groceries ordered on Fridays will be available for pick-up on Mondays from noon to 3 p.m.
I appreciate all the hard work Dr. Fontenot and her team have put into making the food pantry a safe way for our students to continue to get good, nutritious food.
Here are just a few reminders for this week.
The College of Applied and Natural Sciences has partnered with Green Clinic and TechCare to offer flu shots right here in the Quad. The vaccination clinic will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Thursday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 21. The cost is only $20.
TechCare will continue to offer flu shots as well. The campus health center is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and is located in the Lambright Sports and Wellness Center. If you have any questions or concerns, please call TechCare at 318.257.4866. More information is available online bit.ly/TechFluShots.
COVID-19 testing continues
We will continue to offer free testing for COVID-19 through Friday for students, faculty, staff, and members of the Ruston community. The Louisiana Army National Guard will conduct screening tests from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at Argent Pavilion.
Remember that registering ahead of time will help speed things along. Register online at https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/Ruston_LA_1462.html and print your testing voucher ahead of time.