- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – June 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
- LDH Institutional Reporting
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
Good Monday morning.
Today, we start the first full week of the Spring Quarter. The warmer weather and longer days are certainly welcome.
Our state and campus are improving in our fight against COVID-19, but that doesn’t mean we can let our guard down.
Plan to get your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as you are able. The vaccine is now available to those 18 years of age and older (or 16 or older if the vaccine is from Pfizer) with the following conditions (please note that the College +15 will likely qualify many of us for the vaccine):
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Heart conditions such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Immunocompromised state from a solid organ transplant
- Immunocompromised state from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Overweight or obesity (BMI over 25)
- Severe neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Sickle Cell disease
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Chronic liver disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Down syndrome
This expansion is in addition to the populations listed on the Louisiana Department of Health website.
If you are interested in vaccine availability, please visit the vaccination location page on the Louisiana Department of Health’s website: https://ldh.la.gov/covidvaccine-locations/. There you will find a list of locations by parish and links to web registration if available.
I am encouraging our faculty to find more opportunities to meet in person with your students this quarter, even if periodically or informally. Please work with your deans if you need to find space that is suitable. We must all continue to wear our masks and practice safe distancing in and out of the classroom.
Have a great week, Bulldogs. It has been a joy to see so many of you on campus this quarter. Be on the lookout for many of the student activities being offered across campus! And I look forward to seeing you around campus soon.