- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – June 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
- LDH Institutional Reporting
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
Good Monday morning.
Louisiana Tech University has established the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Grant to provide financial assistance for expenses for any component of the student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that are related to COVID-19, such as, but not limited to, tuition, food, housing, health care, mental health care, or child care.
If you receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid indicating you’re qualified for CRRSAA funds, please complete your application by June 11.
The funds that are awarded will be posted on the student’s account and refunded in the form of a direct payment to the student by the end of the quarter. You should set up direct deposit to your checking account so that these funds will be readily accessible for needed expenses.
CRRSAA Grant Applications will be available on AcademicWorks June 4-11.
Disbursements of funds for Summer Quarter 12-week, first six-week, and first three-week sessions will not begin until June 21, after all applications have been reviewed. Disbursements for thesecond six-week and second three-week sessions will not begin until July 14 if funding remains available.
Students who meet the basic criteria listed below will receive an email notification from the Office of Financial Aid with additional information on the CRRSAA Grant. The will also be able to see the application as a recommended opportunity in Academic Works when they log in.
Please review the full information, how to apply, and FAQs at latech.edu/CRRSAA. If you still have questions, you may contact CaresActGrant@latech.edu for additional information on the CRRSAA Grant Application. Students must submit their CRRSAA Grant Application by the published deadline to be considered.
Students who meet these qualifications will see the CRSSAA Grant on AcademicWorks under recommended opportunities:
- A degree-seeking undergraduate/graduate student currently enrolled at Louisiana Tech University during the applicable quarter 2020-21;
- A U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen;
- Have completed a 2020-21 FAFSA;
- Have received a federal financial aid offer letter during 2020-21;
- Have a federal financial aid Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the 2020-21 FAFSA of less than $10,000.
- Submit an application which indicates the component(s) of the student’s cost of attendance (COA) OR for emergency costs that are related to coronavirus, such as, but not limited to, tuition, food, housing, health care, mental health care, or child care while attending Louisiana Tech University.
Priority will be given to students who:
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $0;
- Have official Pell Grant eligibility;
- Have exceptional “need” as defined by a federal financial aid offer letter which is considered to have a federal financial aid Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the 2020-2021 FAFSA of less than $10,000
If you qualify for the CRRSAA grant to help with the expenses associated with COVID-19, I encourage you to apply today.