- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices policy
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
Dear campus community,
Good Tuesday morning.
Gov. John Bel Edwards announced yesterday that the State of Louisiana would be moving into Phase One of the federal Opening Up America Again plan. This first phase will last through June 5.
In accordance with this plan, Louisiana Tech University will begin to move toward bringing a limited number of essential employees back onto campus, with a plan of having students, faculty, and staff all back on campus beginning in the Fall 2020 quarter. For us, this first phase will begin Monday, May 18.
You can review all phases of the Louisiana Tech plan online. Please remember that this plan may change as we adapt to the changing situation with the virus.
We continue to have two commitments as we move through – and out of – this crisis:
- Caring for the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff
- Ensuring our students continue to make progress toward their academic goals
As we enter this phase, select employees will begin returning to campus. The priority is to return staff members whose roles are essential to safety and preparing campus for the Fall 2020 Quarter as well as those who cannot effectively perform their roles from home and are critical to ongoing operations. Teleworking will remain mandatory for those whose work can be effectively completed at home, and those who are considered high-risk or live with high-risk family members will work from home as well.
To continue to focus on safety and health for all our students, faculty, and staff, we will observe the following best practices in phase one:
- Physical distancing – individuals should stay at least six feet apart and be mindful of enclosed spaces.
- Handwashing – individuals should wash their hands often.
- Face covering – people should wear masks or face coverings on campus in public and when physical distancing is not possible.
- Cleaning – the University will increase cleaning and disinfection frequently touched surfaces.
- Common areas – the University will keep common areas closed.
- Monitor health – employees should ensure they do not have fever or COVID-19 symptoms before reporting to work.
We will continue to teach online through the remainder of this spring quarter. For our summer classes, those scheduled for the first half and complete term will be delivered online, and we will make a decision on the second half of the summer term as we move through the summer.
Our full plan is posted on the Louisiana Tech coronavirus website. Please review it, but remember that it will likely change as our city, state, and nation continue to progress through the pandemic.
Thank you for continuing to work through this challenging quarter. With the move into phase one, we can begin to see the results of all of our focused attention to flattening the curve. Let’s continue to work at it so that we can see each other again in the fall.