- Return to campus plan
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Campus planning for COVID-19 positive testing results
- Tech answers the COVID-19 challenge
- CARES Act
- UPDATED State Travel Guidelines
- Travel Guidance from ULS
- COVID-19 ULS Directives
- Guidance from Louisiana Department of Health
- Online instruction considerations
- Guide for Teleworking
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
Good Wednesday morning.
This week, we’ve changed the frequency on these campus updates to twice a week. However, I promise I will continue to communicate important information when needed, including our plans for Fall 2020. Please continue to check your emails!
Today’s update is focused on our Summer CARES Act opportunities for students. The application opened yesterday, and I’m anticipating a great response from our students who are enrolled in the Summer session. The good news is that you can still register for classes, and Louisiana Tech is offering many useful courses that will help you stay on track when working to achieve your academic goals.
Access to the Summer 2020 information and schedule is provided at Latech.edu/summer.
The Summer CARES Act application will remain open until June 12 for our summer-session students. To be eligible for grant funding you must:
- be eligible or could be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA). You should have completed a 2019-20 FAFSA;
- be a degree-seeking undergraduate/graduate student currently enrolled at Louisiana Tech University during the Summer Quarter of 2019-20;
- must not have been enrolled in an exclusively online degree program prior to the COVID-19 pandemic during the Summer Quarter of 2019-20;
- have incurred expenditures due to the COVID-19 related circumstances that have affected your Cost of Attendance (COA) related to the disruption of campus operations while attending Louisiana Tech University;and
- submit an application which indicates your individual expense categories incurred related to COVID-19.
The application process will be conducted on AcademicWorks, just like in the Spring Quarter. You may contact CaresActGrant@latech.edu for information on the CARES Act Grant Application or by utilizing the chat feature on the Financial Aid website.
For more information on the CARES Act grant process, visit our CARES Act website at latech.edu/CARES-Act.
Our Spring CARES Act grant process delivered over $2 million into the hands of Louisiana Tech students, and I know these funds made a difference for them. Take advantage of the opportunity this Summer as well.
Please remember to maintain physical distancing and wash your hands well while we’re enjoying the quarter break. I look forward to the time when we are all able to see one another face-to-face again.