- Return to campus plan
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Campus planning for COVID-19 positive testing results
- Tech answers the COVID-19 challenge
- CARES Act
- UPDATED State Travel Guidelines
- Travel Guidance from ULS
- COVID-19 ULS Directives
- Guidance from Louisiana Department of Health
- Online instruction considerations
- Guide for Teleworking
Dear faculty and staff,
Good Tuesday afternoon.
As our Incident Response Team continues to plan for how the Louisiana Tech campus will look during the Fall 2020 Quarter, we continue to listen to concerns from faculty, staff, students, and parents. Our plans take those comments into account, as well as recommendations from our federal, state, and local agencies.
We continue to focus on two primary areas as we work to return to campus for the fall:
- Ensuring the health and safety of our campus community, and
- Ensuring our students continue to make progress toward their academic goals.
Today, we introduced process and policy in two key areas for our return to campus – expectations on safe health practices on campus and responses to positive test results and virus exposure among members of our campus community.
While Louisiana Tech cannot eliminate the risk of contracting Coronavirus on campus, we can help reduce the likelihood of its spread through science- and research-based approaches to our practice on campus. Our policy on safe health practices outlines behavioral expectations for all members of the community as well as our visitors to campus.
The policy covers expectations for masks and face coverings, physical distancing, as well as hygiene and cleaning. It’s going to take all of us working together to protect the Tech Family from the spread of the virus, and the policy defines how Louisiana Tech will approach noncompliance.
Our IRT has also refined the University’s protocol for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 when students, faculty, or staff receive a COVID-19 positive test result or are exposed to the virus. The plan has three principles at its core:
- Efficiently identify a campus positive or direct contact of a positive in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 across the Louisiana Tech campus community.
- Follow direction and guidance from LDH and/or local health officials on contact tracing and best practices.
- Maintain confidentiality of impacted employee/student throughout the process.
I encourage you to review the plan and familiarize yourself with the individuals on campus who will serve as our front-line workers to ensure we maintain confidentiality and follow best practices. In addition, the process outlines support mechanisms for students who live on or off campus to ensure they continue to make academic progress as they are able.
Thank you for your attention to this important topic today. Remember to wear your masks, wash your hands, and practice appropriate physical distancing. Together, we can help slow the spread of the virus while we prepare to return to campus this fall.