- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices policy
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
Dear Tech Family,
Good Sunday morning.
This weekend, I’ve taken time to walk around campus and enjoy the good weather and cool (for August) temperatures. It’s exciting to see all the construction and growth at Louisiana Tech, knowing we’re making investments toward a bright future for our University.
As I was walking near Centennial Plaza and reviewing the progress on the Harper Hall demolition, I noticed one of our most dedicated graduates, Justin Hinckley. He and his wife Jeanette can often be found on campus at events, volunteering, or just visiting their beloved alma mater.
Saturday morning, I saw Justin painting the handrails at Tolliver Hall. I stopped to observe Justin’s work and to be thankful for his continued servant leadership, even in this challenging time. You may not know Justin and Jeanette, but they care about you, and they care about this institution. They show it in quiet and unassuming ways. They make your walks across campus more pleasant and they enhance the charm of your college days in many ways.
And many other alumni, students and faculty contribute to making this a better campus and better institution. I am thankful for each and every member of our Tech Family who continues to live out our Tenets – the values and principles that define our Louisiana Tech family.
Our students, faculty, and staff who continue to maintain a positive attitude as we’ve faced and continue to face the challenges with COVID-19 inspire all of us to move forward while focusing on two goals:
- Keeping our campus community healthy and safe.
- Ensuring our students continue to make progress toward their academic goals.
In addition to our two Louisiana Tech goals, we’re embracing the four principles that guide all University of Louisiana System schools in their plans for a return to campus:
- The health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and our communities are paramount.
- The continuity of learning and research must be maintained, adapting to fulfill Principle 1 as appropriate and necessary.
- The financial health and viability of the enterprise must be protected and are dependent upon the fulfillment of Principles 1 and 2.
- The social, emotional, and economic welfare of our communities must be considered and are dependent upon the fulfillment of Principles 1, 2, and 3.
To learn more about these principles, visit ulsystem.edu/covid-19/. There, you will find links to system-wide information as well as to plans from other universities in the system. Please remember, our Return to Campus Plan is at latech.edu/return-to-campus.
Thank you for your time and attention this Sunday morning. Please take the time to relax today as we begin winding down the Summer 2020 Quarter and preparing for Fall 2020. Don’t forget, we will have a special tribute to the Summer 2020 graduating class on August 20 at 10:00 AM. Stay tuned.