- Return to campus plan
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Campus planning for COVID-19 positive testing results
- Tech answers the COVID-19 challenge
- CARES Act
- UPDATED State Travel Guidelines
- Travel Guidance from ULS
- COVID-19 ULS Directives
- Guidance from Louisiana Department of Health
- Online instruction considerations
- Guide for Teleworking
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
Good Tuesday morning.
This week, we will finish our Summer 2020 session. A record number of students enrolled in classes, both online and in person, and I know everyone had a productive term. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to achieving your academic goals.
I am especially proud of those students who are graduating this summer. Though we won’t be able to celebrate in person on Aug. 20, I look forward to sharing a special tribute to each of our summer graduates. You committed to your coursework, despite all the challenges of the past two years. Take time to celebrate your achievement, and make plans to come back to campus when we are able to gather in greater numbers. Be sure to tune in to our YouTube channel and Facebook page at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 20, to mark our graduates’ special day.
This Friday, our Office of Computing Services will roll out three new courses to help faculty prepare for the upcoming fall. This week’s classes – developed with feedback from our recent faculty and staff survey – are:
- Tools to Know – This course features an overview of the tools Louisiana Tech University provides for digital teaching and learning.
- Getting Started with Moodle – Are you ready to get started creating your course in Moodle, or maybe you are looking to revamp a few things in your current course? This professional development will walk through Moodle navigation, updating your profile, and the basics of course setup. All content is aligned with Quality Matters best practices and offers information to help you increase accessibility in your online courses.
- Web 2.0 Tools – This course explores selected Web 2.0 tools to foster collaboration, communication, and creativity in online instruction.
In each of the next three weeks, new courses will be delivered to help prepare for the Fall 2020 Quarter. Incentives will be offered for completing the courses, and we’ll send more information and instructions later this week.
Thank you again for all your hard work this summer. Fall Quarter 2020 classes begin one month from today. Through the next month, our IRT group will continue to offer training, resources, and education for students, faculty, and staff as we prepare for the Fall Quarter. I encourage you to continue to follow these Campus Updates as we continue to refine our plans for the Fall Quarter during this break. I look forward to working alongside each of you to welcome our wonderful students back to Louisiana Tech.