- Return to campus plan
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Campus planning for COVID-19 positive testing results
- Tech answers the COVID-19 challenge
- CARES Act
- UPDATED State Travel Guidelines
- Travel Guidance from ULS
- COVID-19 ULS Directives
- Guidance from Louisiana Department of Health
- Online instruction considerations
- Guide for Teleworking
Students, faculty, and staff,
Good Saturday morning.
I hope you are planning to get some well-deserved rest this weekend. We have now completed our second week of providing online courses, and I am hearing some great stories of innovation, partnership and impacts as we continue working through this crisis. We understand that everything is not perfect, but your responsiveness and support for each other is truly inspirational.
Today’s update will be short, as I want to encourage you to persevere. Stay in touch with each other as we move forward. There are very few challenges we cannot handle if we take the time to stay in contact, communicate, and have patience with one another.
Our Incident Response Team continues to meet on a daily basis, communicating needs, making plans, taking actions and monitoring the spread of the virus in our state. It is crucial that each of you continue to practice social distancing as you move about your daily lives. We need to keep working to “flatten the curve” and slow the spread of COVID-19.
We are also discussing important things like grading and commencement, and I will share more updates soon. We are gathering information to ensure that our decisions are supportive of the needs of our students during this crisis. Don’t lose your focus on doing the best that you can in each course every day.
Our Career and Counseling Center has offered some important tips for our students as they approach online coursework:
- Treat your online course like a “real” course.
- Hold yourself accountable.
- Practice time management skills.
- Have a space designated for study and work, and stay organized in that space.
- Eliminate distractions as you pursue your coursework.
- Figure out how you learn best.
- Actively participate.
- Reach out to classmates to help everyone succeed.
These tips work for both in-person and online courses, and they are particularly important as we continue in this quarter. Remember that resources are available, including our BARC and Counseling Center, and that our Library remains open to provide a quiet space to work online. Our website https://www.latech.edu/coronavirus/ is always a good spot to check for information about resources.
Students, please reach out to our faculty and staff if you need assistance. We are all committed to student success – this quarter and every quarter!
Have a great Saturday!