- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CRRSAA Grant
- ARP Grant
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
- LDH Institutional Reporting
- HEERF Reports
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – 30 June 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – 30 Sept 21
- HEERF Student Report – 31 Mar 21
- HEERF Student Report – 30 Jun 21
- HEERF Student Report – 30 Sept 21
Campus Update – Completer Grants
October 15th, 2021
Dear Tech Family,
Good Friday morning.
Earlier this week, the Office of Financial Aid opened applications for grants through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP). Like CARES and CRRSAA grants, the ARP provides financial assistance for expenses for any component of the student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that are related to COVID-19, such as, but not limited to, tuition, food, housing, health care, mental health care, or child care.
To date, Louisiana Tech has administered about $7 million in COVID relief grants – needed funding to help our students work through the challenges associated with the pandemic. The ARP Act provides our students another $10 million for further assistance.
The application will be open on AcademicWorks (latech.academicworks.com) through the end of the day Oct. 30. Students who qualify for the grants will see the application availability on AcademicWorks, and if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid at CaresActGrant@latech.edu.
Completers Grant program
Today, we have another exciting financial aid opportunity to announce – the Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) Completers Grant program.
The state has over $600,000 available through the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund for students who are close to completing a degree in high-demand fields such as healthcare, science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
This grant provides scholarships to students who are within 30 credit hours of completing their degrees, and at Louisiana Tech University eligible students will have the ability to receive funding for no more than three consecutive quarters.
To be eligible for the Completers Grant, a student must:
- Be a Louisiana resident;
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year during which the award will be received.
- Meet one of the priority criteria listed below;
- For credit programs, students shall meet the enrolling institution’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy for receipt of Title IV aid;
- Be enrolled through the 10th class day.
Priority for the Completers Grant is as follows:
- First, to those students who are expected to complete their program of study/graduating in the fall who have significantly depleted or who have no other sources of financial aid;
- Second, to those students who are expected to complete their program of study/graduating in the winter who have significantly depleted or who have no other sources of financial aid;
- Third, to those students who are expected to complete their program of study/graduate in spring who have significantly depleted or who have no other sources of financial aid;
- Fourth, to those students who are expected to complete their program of study/graduate in summer who have significantly depleted or who have no other sources of financial aid.
The application will be open quarterly on AcademicWorks through the end of the academic year. Awards will be posted to student accounts to cover a portion of tuition and fees as funding remains available.
Tech Family Walking Group
We’ll continue our walking group this Saturday. Let’s meet at 8 a.m. in the driveway of the president’s residence and take a little time to enjoy walking and talking with colleagues and friends. We have had new people join each Saturday, so come on out! I’ve also had a few faculty and staff members reach out to me about a walk during other times, and I’d be pleased to schedule that with any of you at lunch, after work, or on weekends as our schedules allow. Just send me an email and we will set it up.
Have a great weekend!