- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – June 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
- LDH Institutional Reporting
Campus Update – Convocation
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
Good Wednesday morning.
Yesterday’s Faculty and Staff Convocation was a very special event – one of the first where we were able to be together as a family since the start of the pandemic. Thank you to those who were able to attend in person and to those who watched us on Zoom.
We’ll make the recording available to our campus community a little bit later in the week so those who were unable to join us have the opportunity to watch as well. I’d like to congratulate those faculty and staff members the University Senate recognized during Convocation:
- F. J. Taylor Undergraduate Teaching Award – Stan McCaa
- University Senate Chair Award – Paul Jackson
- Virgil Orr Junior Faculty Award – Joan Lynam
- Outstanding Service Award (Unclassified) – Cristy Martin
- Student Outreach Award (Unclassified) – Avery Broussard
- Loyalty Award (Unclassified) – Will Lancaster
- Outstanding Service Award (Classified) – Jennifer Caskey
- Student Outreach (Classified) – Renee Boyte
- Loyalty Award (Classified) – Lisa Elam
- Faculty Advisor of the Year Award – Rhonda Boyd
Please congratulate these members of the Tech Family the next time you see them. Their hard work is an example for us all!
In addition, we introduced our new faculty and staff members to the campus community. We’ve posted the video featuring these individuals to our YouTube channel. I challenge each of you to find a person on this list and work to make them feel welcome as they settle in at Tech.
Tech Family Walking Group
As we settle into a new academic year and we focus more attention on the people, knowledge, and culture that make Tech a special place to be, I hope everyone can take the time to focus on their individual physical and mental health and well-being. That’s why I’ve been collaborating with a group of folks from across campus to establish the Tech Family Walking Group.
We’ll gather with a group of faculty and staff for our first walk at 7:15 a.m. this Saturday at the driveway of the president’s residence.
The walk will have three different routes – one, two, and three miles – and Kinesiology students will provide pacing, support, and encouragement along the route. We’ll have water stations for those who need refreshment along the way, and I encourage participants to download the Pacer app so everyone can see their progress and share their achievements.
Expect an email from the Covid Challenge Response Team later in the week with more details. Please join us and help our campus community have a healthy and more fulfilling year!
I hope our Tech Family walking group will be the first of several initiatives created through collaboration across Louisiana Tech’s divisions that will focus on health and wellness for our faculty and staff. We’ve seen how hard we can work in the past few years, but an effective university is about more than work. To be sustainable, we need to focus on ourselves at times.
First-Year Student Convocation
I look forward to seeing our first-year students at tonight’s Convocation in Centennial Plaza and for the fellowship time afterwards. This is such a special time for our new students when they create friendships that can last a lifetime!