- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices policy
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
Dear campus community,
Good morning. Yesterday was an eventful day for campuses across the state of Louisiana. We anticipate more adjustments as the situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, and I know our Tech Family will continue to respond proactively to whatever conditions we face.
I am inspired by how our students, faculty, and staff are adapting to our new normal. I hope these daily updates help you do your job each day, whether that’s engaging in an online discussion board or leading a virtual class or ensuring our students have clean classrooms. Here is the latest information on our response to the outbreak.
Division leaders here at Tech have been encouraged to limit the number of employees on campus to help flatten the transmission curve of the coronavirus. Therefore, staff who are able to complete their work at home should work with their supervisors to complete teleworking arrangements. More information is available on the latech.edu/coronavirus website. We will maintain sufficient numbers of staff on our campus to ensure that all of our essential operations can continue to function effectively.
Teleworking arrangements can be extended to both classified and non-classified employees as well as student workers. Division leaders have information on ensuring that state policy is followed while protecting health and safety on our campus.
Tech Barksdale and Academic Success Center
The Barksdale Air Force Base leadership have declared a public health emergency, and the base is only open for official business. In addition, Bossier Parish Community College has moved to online classes and remote work for employees there. Louisiana Tech staff and faculty at the Academic Success Center and Tech Barksdale will be teleworking until the situation changes in Caddo and Bossier parishes.
Yesterday, the Office of State Travel issued updated travel restrictions. The following restrictions apply to all university-sponsored travel:
- Effective immediately and until further notice, all international travel is prohibited.
- Out-of-State travel, whether by ground transportation or air, must be approved in advance by the Commissioner of Administration and will be evaluated based on business necessity. Employees should NOT contact the Office of State Travel or the Commissioner of Administration. Out-of-state travel requests should be routed through the appropriate vice president or division head to the President. The Vice President for Finance will submit the requests approved by the President to the Office of State Travel for consideration.
- In-state travel is strongly discouraged and should be denied unless it is essential and there are no other means of conducting business.
- These restrictions apply to new, as well as all previously approved travel requests.
If you have any questions concerning expenses that you have already incurred for upcoming travel, please contact Stephen Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318.257.4325.
For the same reasons that these restrictions have been applied, I encourage our students to limit your travel as more interactions between communities can accelerate the spread of the coronavirus. Each trip that we can avoid could make a difference for our campus community.
Financial aid refunds
Financial Aid refunds will be issued to students – either by direct deposit or check – on the original academic calendar dates. Thank you to our Financial Aid professionals for ensuring our students receive the funds they need right now!
Bookstore, Lambright, dining
The Louisiana Tech bookstore will continue to be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each weekday. Our Lambright Health and Wellness Center will be closed until we make it through this time. The Tech Table has begun providing carry-out meals for our students with a dining plan. Thanks for your patience as we respond to new information about limiting the spread of the virus.
Finally, I know that our faculty are working hard to deliver course content so our students benefit most from their classes this quarter. As we progress through this outbreak and with federal advice changing on an almost-daily basis, I encourage our professors who still lead in-person labs and studios to continue to consider how they can encourage social distancing within their courses. Changes might mean dividing classes, adjusting lessons and using virtual communications, but we will still achieve learning objectives despite the challenges. There are many innovative approaches, and I have seen evidence of outstanding things our faculty are already doing. I know that we will be able to ensure our community stays healthy in the academic environment.
Once again, I am proud of each of you. Thank you for being a part of the Tech Family, and have a great day!