- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices policy
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
COVID-19 Response Update
Good afternoon. I write to you today to keep you updated on our campus response to the rapidly changing outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Louisiana Tech University’s COVID-19 Incidence Response Team (CIRT) meets on a daily basis to refine contingency plans for each area of the University. We do not have any cases of the virus in Ruston or Lincoln Parish, but the number of presumptive cases in the state has grown to 14 since I last emailed.
As we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation, we are taking the following steps to ensure our students, faculty, and staff remain healthy and safe:
- Tech has placed dispensers for hand sanitizer in high-traffic locations throughout campus. As is likely the case in your local grocery store, access to these supplies is limited, and we are waiting for more dispensers to be delivered. We continue to remind our campus community to practice good hand-washing techniques to help stop the spread of all viruses – including COVID-19.
- Our deans are meeting to determine course continuity plans for their areas. While our Leadership Team has not made the decision to convert more courses from face-to-face to online delivery, we are preparing to take advantage of the opportunity to innovate in this area.
- In addition to the deans’ work, our Infrastructure and Information Technology department has secured hardware and software to support our students and faculty if the decision is made to move more courses online. Training will be offered to faculty members – both beginners and those more experienced in the use of our online learning system. Information on those training sessions will come to faculty from the Provost’s Office.
- Some events on campus have been canceled. Our academic and administrative units continue to evaluate safety and health concerns and balance them with the benefits of continuing with some special events, activities and programs. We will continue to monitor athletic activities, practices, and competitions in coordination with Conference-USA, the NCAA, and other member institutions.
- Our basketball teams were competing in the C-USA tournament until the event was canceled this morning. The conference made the decision to cancel competition with the agreement of the league’s Athletic Directors. Several other conferences made similar announcements. In addition, all spring sport competition for Conference USA institutions is suspended until further notice.
Our employees are essential to ensuring the University is able to maintain operations in a safe and responsible manner. We will continue to monitor conditions and make decisions about alternative work arrangements for our faculty and staff as needed. Please reach out to your supervisor if you have concerns about your health or fall in a high-risk category.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of the novel coronavirus – a fever and symptoms of lower respiratory illness like a cough or shortness of breath – please seek medical attention.
If you need medical assistance, TechCare provides services for students, faculty, and staff. TechCare, Louisiana Tech’s Student Health Center, is located in the Lambright Sports and Wellness Center. Before you enter the Center, please call 318.257.4866 and let the health professional on duty know you are experiencing novel coronavirus symptoms. They will then follow the appropriate containment protocol for this virus.
If you need assistance after hours, please contact your medical doctor or Green Clinic Quick Care at 318.255.3762 if before 7 p.m., or visit the Emergency Room at Northern Louisiana Medical Center at 401 E. Vaughn Ave. in Ruston.
I appreciate your understanding, patience, and flexibility during this time. We will be vigilant and continue to communicate as the situation in Louisiana changes. Your health, safety and continued academic progress are paramount in all of our decisions and actions.
Additional information and guidance is on our website: https://www.latech.edu/coronavirus/.