- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices policy
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
Interim Emergency Policy
The COVID-19 global pandemic has made the Spring 2020 quarter one full of challenges for students and faculty alike, not just at Louisiana Tech, but at Universities across the globe.
We continue to listen to our students, and the message we’ve heard is that this quarter has delivered trials like none we have seen at Louisiana Tech before.
Our deans and provost – the academic leaders for our University – have been meeting to determine how to help our students achieve their academic goals for this quarter. Two options we learned about – from other universities and our students – were adjusting the deadlines in our academic calendar and offering an alternative pass option for grading.
This committee determined that Louisiana Tech should put the following emergency interim measures in place:
- Withdrawal date will be moved from May 1 to May 15.
- Faculty will determine Incomplete (I) grades on a case-by-case basis following established University policy. Incompletes are factored into hours attempted and quality points awarded. Therefore, they impact a student’s quarter and cumulative grade point averages.
- Faculty will grade all courses using the normal letter grade process. When final grades are posted, students will have the option of requesting approval of a grade change to a Pass option or keeping the letter grade earned in the course. A Pass grade is defined as a C or better in an undergraduate course and as a B or better in a graduate course; students earning a D or F are not eligible for the Pass Option. The optional Pass designation will be annotated on transcripts that this option was offered for Spring Quarter 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The request for approval for the Pass option must be submitted between May 27 and June 3.
Specific procedures for processing grading options will be distributed to faculty members through their deans at a later date.
Please note that there are academic consequences when a student chooses an Incomplete or Pass option. GPAs, academic standing, financial aid, and other areas may be impacted. Students should discuss these options with their academic advisors before making a final choice.
The complete interim policy is attached to this email. I encourage you to have a discussion with your advisor before you choose one of these options.
I hope these policies help those of you who feel that you need a little more flexibility while enabling us to maintain the academic integrity of our programs.
We are all working together to ensure that you are successful in your academic goals during this extraordinary time.