- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – June 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
- LDH Institutional Reporting
March 15 COVID-19 Update for Campus Community
Tomorrow, our campus will begin online and alternative delivery classes across all colleges and units. We are seeing many colleges and universities across the country taking on this challenge as our way of helping minimize the spread of COVID-19 and its impacts.
We have received many emails from students and their parents, as well as faculty and staff, expressing their concerns and asking questions. Thank you for sharing your uncertainty with us.
We don’t have all the answers, but we continue to work with two priorities:
- Ensuring our students, faculty, staff, and community remain safe and healthy.
- Helping our students achieve their academic goals.
Campus remains open. Our only current change in the way we operate is that students will receive their instruction online or through alternate means. We are still working through what that looks like for some classes, particularly laboratories, studios and clinicals. As I asked yesterday, please remember to be patient and understanding. The process will be more successful as we demonstrate caring and understanding for one another in every interaction.
Throughout the weekend, we have been adding resources to the latech.edu/coronavirus site so they are easily found in online. Here are some important additions to that site:
- Updated travel guidance from the UL System
- Online instruction resources and guidelines
- Teleworking guidelines
- Health and work resources
I encourage you to review the site regularly for new additions. Here are a few of the important updates from yesterday.
Along with the teleworking guidelines, there is a form that must be completed by each employee in order to work from home. Please remember to discuss your individual needs for teleworking with your supervisor.
The Department of Residential Life has suspended visitation to all residential facilities (suites, halls and apartments) and restricted visitation to only our campus residential students. Students residing on campus may visit one another but all off-campus students and non-students are restricted from visiting Louisiana Tech’s residential communities. We have implemented these restrictions in order to flatten the infection curve in our campus community.
While our state currently has 91 presumptive cases, Lincoln Parish has been blessed not to have an identified case of COVID-19. Should such a case occur, we will notify you when it is verified.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this challenge. I appreciate your concern for your neighbors and members of the Tech Family.
Please continue to practice social distancing and remember to wash your hands as well!
Stay healthy, Bulldogs.