- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – June 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
- LDH Institutional Reporting
Student Hotline Update
Louisiana Tech Students,
Last Thursday, Hurricane Laura plowed across Louisiana, leaving considerable destruction on its path from the Gulf Coast to central Arkansas. The impacts in southwest Louisiana have been catastrophic, and our many students from that portion of the state suffered losses in the storm.
Many of you have felt the impact of Hurricane Laura. The storm disrupted your lives and has increased the uncertainty we were already feeling at this time. We know that you may have questions and needs, and someone with whom you can communicate.
We have set up a Hurricane Laura hotline for you to use if you have any questions or needs related to your Fall Quarter plans at Louisiana Tech.
Please call the hotline at 318.257.3211 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or contact us by email at StudentQuestions@latech.edu. Staff are available to answer your questions directly or find answers and respond quickly. They can connect you to resources and professionals on campus who can assist with your needs.