- Return to campus plan
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Campus planning for COVID-19 positive testing results
- Tech answers the COVID-19 challenge
- CARES Act
- UPDATED State Travel Guidelines
- Travel Guidance from ULS
- COVID-19 ULS Directives
- Guidance from Louisiana Department of Health
- Online instruction considerations
- Guide for Teleworking
Update for Residential Students
As the University strives to make precautions in response to the spread of COVID-19, the Department of Residential Life has suspended visitation to all residential facilities (suites, halls and apartments) and restricted visitation to only our campus residential students. Students residing on campus may visit one another but all off-campus students and non-students are restricted from visiting our residential communities. Please make every effort to follow health and safety guidelines as your campus friends enter your place of residence by practicing social distancing and proper hand washing. Our resident assistants and hall directors are available to assist where necessary.
While our residential facilities remain open during our transition to online, distance learning classroom experiences, should you decide to go home for a period of time, our office asks that you email us at email@example.com and notify us of your plans so we are aware of those residents remaining in our residential communities. If you go home or are away from your residence for a time, we encourage you to:
- Leave your apartment or residence clean by removing any perishable items and taking out your trash.
- Close and lock windows making sure blinds or shades are closed.
- Close and lock both bedroom and apartment/suite doors.
- Take any thing of value with you.
- Check your campus email to receive continued updates and notifications while you are away.
As always, we are committed to providing a great residential experience despite this difficult and consistently evolving situation. If you have any concerns or need our team for any assistance, please feel free to reach out to our office at 318.257.4917 during business hours and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
Casey A. Ingram, Director