Return to Campus
Amended quarantine protocols
Effective 7 December 2020
Upon receiving revised quarantine guidance from the CDC and with acceptance by LDH, the following revisions are now in place for quarantine:
- Quarantine can end after Day 7 post-exposure if a diagnostic specimen (PCR or antigen) tests negative and if no symptoms were reported during daily monitoring. The specimen may be collected and tested within 48 hours before the time of planned quarantine discontinuation (cannot be tested prior to day 6). Quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than after Day 7.
- Quarantine can end after Day 10 post-exposure without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring.
- Quarantine can end after Day 14 post-exposure without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring. The original 14-day quarantine period remains available if requested.
- Persons can discontinue quarantine IF they have remained asymptomatic during the quarantine period. If they develop symptoms at any time during the quarantine process they should get tested as soon as possible. The quarantine period will be reevaluated pending the test results.
In order for a direct contact to be able to qualify for the new guidelines they will have to provide the SRT member with the following:
- If they pursue the 7-day option they will have to provide a copy of their test result that shows the name, date and time of the test as well as the result.
- They must sign the new return to campus form certifying they have complied with the new measures and that symptoms did not develop during their quarantine period.
- They must continue to self-monitor for symptoms throughout day 14.