Return to Campus
Student services offices
All individuals visiting student services offices (registrar, cashier, financial aid, etc.) will be required to wear a face covering. While waiting, you should stand on decals on the floor that signify 6 feet of distance from the person in front and behind or maintain appropriate physical distance between you and other people.
All patrons visiting dining operations and picking up food will be required to wear a face covering. While standing in line, you should stand on decals on the floor that signify 6 feet of distance from the person in front and behind. Hands must be washed or sanitized prior to picking up food items in dining operations. You should touch only items you will be picking up and taking with you. Seating will be limited in dining locations to ensure physical distancing both at the table and while moving in the location.
All patrons visiting the campus post office to collect or send packages or mail will be required to wear a face covering. While standing in line, stand on decals signifying 6 feet of distance from the person in front and behind.
All patrons visiting the Barnes & Noble bookstore on the Tech campus are required to wear a face covering. Follow directional signage and stand on decals signifying 6 feet of distance from the person in front and behind while in line.
Lambright Sports and Wellness Center
Front desk and equipment desk
- Patrons will swipe own cards.
- There will be Plexiglass barriers placed between student desk workers and patrons checking in.
- After each shift, student workers will be required to sanitize any equipment they use.
- There will be no towel service.
- The equipment (back) desk will be closed, and equipment checkout will occur at the front desk.
- Four to five lifeguards will be used with one extra guard used for cleaning.
- Lap swimmers will be allowed two per lane (over six feet apart). If one swimmer needs to rest, they will do so at the end of the pool, and any other person in their lane must stop at the other end until the rest is over.
- Pool classes will follow appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- The outdoor pool deck will be open with chairs separated for social distancing.
- Four swimmers per lane using a circle swim format will allow for social distancing in the BAC.
- There will be a 30-minute buffer built in between classes to prevent overlap and passing of patrons in the corridor.
- One empty lane between bowlers.
- One ball per person.
- Bowling balls sanitized when turned in.
- Student worker will be stationed inside the Bowling Center instead of at the desk to manage bowlers.
- The alley will allow a maximum of 15 people in center (five per lane using three lanes).
Informal recreation or free play
- The area will be used for basketball only with considerations for Spirit Groups.
- One ball, one person, one goal; those requesting a basketball at the front desk will be asked not to leave their assigned court and will also be asked not to touch any other basketballs that may come into their court; supervisors will frequently monitor this area.
Intramurals and sport clubs
- During this phase of the Return to Campus plan, intramural and sport clubs are not active.
Fitness area (weight room)
- Participants can use cardio machines only. No usage of free weights is permitted.
- There should be 12 feet physical distancing between people.
- Participants can use selectorized weight equipment only.
- There will be a regular 10-minute close down every hour for a more thorough cleaning.
- The upper weight room will be closed.
- No boxing equipment will be used.
- There will be no group exercise except water classes.
- There is a one-hour time limit per person to allow more patrons usage.
Racquetball, the upper hallway above racquetball courts, the Wellness Center indoor track, and the climbing wall will remain closed.
Because of the constantly changing environment with COVID-19, these rules and guidelines are fluid and subject to change as well. The Lambright staff will be constantly monitoring all variables to make the facility safer, more effective, and more efficient for all.
Additional criteria are being developed for other buildings on campus and will be updated in the near future.