Return to Campus
Campus planning for COVID-19 positive testing results
Contact the following as soon as possible if you have been in direct contact (within six feet for a time period of 15 minutes or more) with someone who has COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have tested positive for COVID-19:
- For employees, notify your direct supervisor and human resources. The contact in human resources is Sheila Trammel at 318.257.2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Supervisors must maintain strict confidentiality.
- For students, email Stacy Gilbert at email@example.com. Please provide your name, campus ID, cell phone, whether you live on or off campus, and best method to contact you.
Free testing is available at the Argent Alumni Pavilion from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The link to register for testing is http://health.questdiagnostics.com/STLOU. Results from this test have been available in two to three days.
Free antigen testing is available at Green Clinic’s TechCare location in the Lambright Wellness Center. With this test, results will be available within 30 minutes. Antigen testing – the “quick test” – is most effective when the patient is displaying symptoms that are representative of COVID-19 but could also indicate another viral infection.
The clinic is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed for lunch from 12:30 to 1 p.m. Walk-ins are accepted until 3:45 p.m. You should schedule your free test through TechCare’s online scheduling system at: https://gctechcare.simplybook.me/v2/#book.
- Efficiently identify a campus positive or direct contact of a positive in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 across the Louisiana Tech campus community.
- Follow direction and guidance from LDH and/or local health officials on contact tracing and best practices.
- Maintain confidentiality of impacted employee/student throughout the process.
If you have been in direct contact with someone who has COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have tested positive for COVID-19, do not come to campus. If you reside on campus, self-isolate in your residence.