Return to Campus
Lab and research guidelines
Louisiana Tech is committed to ensuring the researchers – both students and faculty members – working in University labs stay healthy and safe while they conduct their research.
Guidelines for researchers:
- In Phase Two, researchers should limit time on campus and only perform research tasks that cannot be completed at home.
- All individuals who work in labs must complete a health survey each day before coming into the lab.
- Individuals working in labs must wear face coverings when not alone in the lab. Each facility may have other requirements for working in labs. Please contact the building coordinator to find out more specific guidance.
- Individuals should disinfect lab areas thoroughly after use.
- Book specific time periods for work in labs. Contact lab coordinator or supervisor for access to lab calendars.
Researchers should also review the following videos for additional information and education:
- CNN video that describes the value of face coverings, filling out daily survey, etc: http://www2.latech.edu/~jpalmer/CNN_COVID.mp4
- N95 reuse in a healthcare setting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfw2tvjiCxM (The protocol is likely more than necessary in our labs but teaches how to properly don/doff the mask and helpful recommendations like storing in a paper bag for reuse.)
- N95 donning and doffing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-uD8rUwG48
- Hand washing for infection control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IisgnbMfKvI