Return to Campus
Lab and research guidelines
Louisiana Tech is committed to ensuring the researchers – both students and faculty members – working in University labs stay healthy and safe while they conduct their research.
Guidelines for researchers:
- Individuals working in labs must wear face coverings when not alone in the lab.
- Each facility may have other requirements for working in labs. Please contact the building coordinator to find out more specific guidance.
- Individuals should disinfect lab areas thoroughly after use.
- Lab Coordinators should maintain sign-in and sign-out records for everyone accessing their facilities.
Researchers should also review the following videos for additional information and education:
- CNN video that describes the value of face coverings, filling out daily survey, etc: http://www2.latech.edu/~jpalmer/CNN_COVID.mp4
- N95 reuse in a healthcare setting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfw2tvjiCxM (The protocol is likely more than necessary in our labs but teaches how to properly don/doff the mask and helpful recommendations like storing in a paper bag for reuse.)
- N95 donning and doffing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-uD8rUwG48
- Hand washing for infection control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IisgnbMfKvI