Return to Campus
Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
Louisiana Tech University is committed to limiting the spread of the Coronavirus on campus. This commitment must be shared among everyone on our campus, including faculty, staff, students, and all others. The University cannot eliminate the risk of contracting Coronavirus on campus.
However, to reduce the risk posed by the Coronavirus, the University will adhere to CDC guidelines and follow recommendations of state and local health officials as much as reasonably possible. To that end, all faculty, staff, students, and others present on campus will also be expected to follow the same guidelines and recommendations. While subject to change, you are expected to adhere to the following:
- Face masks and coverings
- Face masks are to be worn inside University buildings, including hallways, public spaces and common areas, classrooms, studios, and laboratories. Face masks should be worn in shared offices if physical distancing cannot be accomplished.
- Instructors only may remove their face masks during class if they are six feet or more from the nearest student or standing behind a plexiglass barrier.
- Your failure to wear a face mask places others at risk. In such situations, you may be asked to leave until you have a face mask.
- A refusal to leave or properly wear a face mask can result in discipline through the Student Code of Conduct or personnel action, as appropriate.
- You are responsible for properly wearing and cleaning your face masks.
- Students, faculty, and staff on campus are expected to practice frequent handwashing and sanitation of shared surfaces like conference room tables, dining room tables, and lab benches.
- If you are feeling sick, tested positive for COVID-19, or have been in direct contact with a person who has COVID-19, you should follow the University’s protocols found here.
- Everyone working together and following these standards is critical to keep our campus healthy. Failure to follow these health practices may be subject to discipline or removal from campus through the appropriate processes.