LIFE ON CAMPUS
Fall 2022 New Housing
Mitchell hall will open in Fall 2022 for residency. The hall will be under construction soon along Tech Drive next to newest halls, Richardson and Cottingham. This newest phase of student housing will provide housing options for both incoming freshmen and returning students. With a centrally located floor commons in the knuckle of two wings, residents will enjoy a space to study, share a meal and build a community. Separate smaller lounges/study rooms will be located on each wing that will be accessible only by the students residing on that wing. Mitchell hall will offer three different room configurations – a suite style option where two students will share a bathroom in their room, a single bedroom option where 6-7 residents will share a community restroom of two showers and two toilets, a flex bedroom option that will give us the flexibility to house one or two students together who will share a bedroom and a community restroom of two showers and two toilets with 7-14 residents. The proximity to the new intramural fields as well as outdoor seating areas will provide opportunities for residents to gather outdoors.
You can find a sample floor plan here. Please note that each floor may vary slightly.
- Wifi in common areas and wired internet in the rooms
- Community Kitchen, study rooms, laundry rooms
- Community bathrooms for 2 bed flex and single rooms (no more than 14 sharing a restroom)
- Bathrooms in the suite rooms (2 residents share a bathroom). Bathrooms include a toilet, shower and sink with cabinets underneath.
- Built in closet nook in the suites and 2 bed flex rooms; wardrobes in the single rooms
- 2 bed flex rooms have a chest and twin XL loft bed (dimensions: 38.5W x 85.75D x 64H) with rail per resident in the room
- Single rooms and suites have a chest, twin XL adjustable height bed (dimensions: 38.5W x 85.75D x 36H), desk and chair in rooms
Rates (per resident per quarter)
|Suites – 9 month||$1,530*|
|Single Private bedroom – 9 month||$1,550*|
|Two Bed Flex Room – 9 month||$1,350*|
*Rates may differ slightly for 2022-2023 Academic Year
Mail: Use student’s PO Box.
305 Wisteria (Campus PO Box #)
Ruston, LA 71272
Physical Address: Tech Dr., Ruston, LA