INSTITUTE FOR MICROMANUFACTURING
Spectroscopic Ellipsometer – Sentech SE 850
The SE 850 Spectroscopic Ellipsometer (from Sentech Instruments GmbH) is a thin-film characterization system that is mainly used for measuring film thickness and optical constants of single layers, multi-layer stacks, and interfaces of materials over a broad spectral range of 350 – 1700 nm. This system allows rapid data acquisition in the UV-VIS-NIR spectral ranges, and to build models of the material layers and perform curve fitting easily. The ellipsometric angles, D and Y, as a function of wavelength or energy can be measured, and the refractive index, extinction coefficient, and dielectric constant as a function of wavelength can be determined. This system features adjustments for tilt correction and fine focus on the sample to ensure precise sample alignment for accurate measurements. Isotropic and anisotropic materials, surface and interface roughness can be analyzed through realistic modeling of material layers.
• Thin layers of transparent and semi-transparent semiconductors, optoelectronics and polymers can be analyzed.
• Mechanical setup with a manual goniometer for multiple angle measurements. The angle of incidence can be varied between 40o and 90o, in steps of 5o.
• Material layers can be modeled easily using the available database.
• Fast measurement data collection, graphing, and fitting.
• Dielectric function vs. wavelength can be analyzed.
• Adjustments for tilt correction and focus on a sample for accurate measurements.
Contact Person: Davis Bailey Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 318-257-5111