December 17th, 2018 – Minutes
- Call to Order – The December 17, 2018 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:04 pm in University Hall, Room 111, by President Michael Swanbom.
- Roll Call – Alicia Kimbell called roll; a quorum was met.
- Approval of November 2018 Minutes – a motion was made by Jonathan Walters and was approved by the Senate body
- The senate will likely have a new meeting venue in 2019 due to the beginning of renovations in Univ Hall 111.
- President Swanbom updated the Senate regarding the salary letter and data that was sent to Dr. Guice on 12/3/2018. As of the December Senate meeting, a response regarding this letter had not been given.
- President Swanbom requested that the Senate review the drafted UNIV 289A updated letter and determine if it should move forward or if it needed to be revised further.
- A motion was made by Gentry/Murray to accept the letter pending the proposed changes made to item #4 of the document.
- The revised Office Hour Initiative has stalled and will need to be revised by the Senate to make the requests clearer.
- Mark Shoemaker is still checking on a unified office meeting scheduling software.
- A discussion of the Summer Salary Proposal indicated that pay is less in the summer than what is paid during a normal session. The question was posed whether summer pay could be handled in the same manner as an overload.
- Sub-Committee Work Time – Each sub-committee met for the remainder of the meeting hour to discuss new or continuing initiatives to work on in the current academic year.
- The meeting was adjourned for sub-committee work at 4:33 p.m. on a motion made by Hollins/Cuccia; all Senate members were in favor.