April 29th, 2019 – Minutes
Louisiana Tech University Senate – April Minutes
Monday, April 29 th at 4:00-5:00 pm, COBB 221
- Call to Order – The April 29, 2019 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:05 PM in COBB, Room 221, by President Michael Swanbom.
- Roll Call – Alicia Kimbell called roll; a quorum was met.
- Approval of March Minutes – A motion was made and was approved by the Senate body.
- Update on pending initiatives
- UNIV 289A – Dr. Guice will try to eliminate 289A as an academic class beginning with faculty next year.
- Overload Compensation – Initiative was brought up at CADS; it was recommended that Deans put in recommendations for changes to the policy.
- Professorships for Lectures – Initiative is still pending but there have been no update details.
- Revised Office Hours – Jonathan Walters submitted a proposal of revised changes of the policy for the Senate to review.
- Senate members contributed ideas towards additional revisions to the proposal and the document was edited further during the meeting.
- A motion to accept the revisions made to the policy was made by Nina Collum/Traci Walker; all Senate members were in favor.
- Awards Updates
- F J Taylor
- Nomination packets have been posted on the Senate website for review.
- Will no longer be awarded at Spring Quarter commencement; will be awarded at the Fall Quarter Faculty/Staff Meeting.
- Voting will take place at the May meeting.
- Virgil Orr & Senate Chair
- Nominees have been identifies.
- Waiting to receive all packet submissions before posting on Senate website.
- Staff Awards
- Nominees have been identified
- Waiting to receive all packet submissions before posting on Senate website
- F J Taylor
- Adjournment – The meeting was adjourned at 4:54 p.m.