RESEARCH AND INNOVATION ENTERPRISE
Federal Granting Agencies and Other Federal Information
Federal Granting Agencies:
- US Department of Agriculture / National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA/NIFA) – search funding opportunities, sign up to receive funding opportunities via email and more.
- US Department of Commerce (DOC) – find Grants and contract opportunities with links to FedBizOps.gov (open Dept. of Commerce procurements) in the home link along with a list of bureau grant opportunities through NIST, ITA, EDA, NOAA, etc.
- US Department of Education (ED) – includes information on agency grant process, grant management, and funding opportunities.
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (NSF PAPPG)
- NSF FastLane – this system can be used to check proposal status, submit final project reports, and submit proposals electronically. Research.gov will replace Fastlane in the near future
- Research.gov – log-in site for Research.gov and Fastlane (use Fastlane credentials for both sites
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Other Federal Information:
- Federal Register Grant Programs (FR)
- SAM.gov – this is the new CFDA website; the official U.S. government website for people who make, receive, and manage federal awards
Private Funding Opportunities:
- Foundation Directory Online – an expanded U.S. and international foundation database with a subscription cost
- ACLS – the American Council of Learned Societies offers a major fellowship program and more
- AMS – the American Mathematical Society offers the Centennial Fellowship Program
- APS – the American Philosophical Society offers a general program that supports research in all areas of knowledge. Other programs focus on jurisprudence, Native American linguistics and history, clinical medicine, and the history of 20th century physical sciences. A resident fellowship program is also available.
- AAUW – the American Association of University Women offers fellowship and grant programs for women
- Creative Capital – supports artists in the visual, performing, and media arts
- Ford Foundation Fellowships – predoctoral, dissertation, and postdoctoral fellowships
- The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation – offers several programs for the chemical sciences
- The John Simon Guggenheim Foundation – offers fellowships programs with advanced professionals in all fields (natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, creative arts) except the performing arts
- T Howard Foundation – diversity in media: provides college students with professional work experience with major media, technology, and advertising companies
- The Jeffress Memorial Trust in Interdisciplinary Research – provides funding to support one to three projects that integrate computational and quantitative scientific strategies across a broad range of scientific disciplines. Geographic eligibility with three funding opportunities available throughout the United States.
- The Library Company of Philadelphia – awards fellowships for research in residence in its collections, which are capable of supporting research in all aspects of American history and culture up to about 1880. Programs include African American History, Early American Economy and the Visual Culture Program.
- See also the Cassatt House Fellows’ Residence
- Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities at Stanford
- Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation – offers various programs to support artists and arts organization
- National Humanities Center – offers fellowships for advanced study in the humanities
- National Research Council
- Petroleum Research Fund – supports research in chemistry, earth sciences, chemical engineering, and in related fields such as polymers and materials science (PRF)
- Research Corporation – supports original research in chemistry, physics, and astronomy
- Spencer Foundation – supports research in education for all disciplines
- Stanford Humanities Center – offers residential fellowships to junior and senior scholars
- The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Whitaker Foundation – supports research and education in biomedical engineering
International Grant Opportunities:
- Council for the International Exchange of Scholars – administers the Fullbright Scholar Program (CIES)
- German Academic Exchange Service – promotes international academic relations especially through the exchange of students and faculty (DAAD)
- Eurasia Foundation – founded as a public-private partnership in 1992 in Moscow and has expanded its reach and scope to the Middle East, North Africa and China to empower citizens to take responsibility for their own civic and economic prosperity
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- International Research & Exchanges Board – offers access to scholars, policymakers, and research resources of the Americas, Asia, Europe, Eurasia, Middle East, & North Africa
- Liguria Study Center for the Arts and Humanities – located on the Italian Riviera offers Bogliasco residential fellowships
- SSRC – headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, the SSRC is an international, interdisciplinary network of networks dedicated to galvanizing knowledge and mobilizing it for the public good. Social Science Research Council offers a multitude of programs concerning Eastern Europe, International Migration, International Peace and Security, Japan, Near and Middle East, South Asia, the Soviet Union and successor states and others.
- SSRC Fellowships