Instructions To Apply
Louisiana Tech operates on a quarter calendar. The calendar year is divided into the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer terms. The following are general deadlines. Some programs have earlier deadlines or admit students only in certain terms. Please visit the program’s websites (click on the “Academic Programs” tab on the left, then select “Graduate Programs and Certificates”) to ensure that your application receives full consideration.
|Quarter||Domestic Applications||International Applications*|
|Fall||July 1st||June 1st|
|Winter||October 1st||September 1st|
|Spring||January 1st||December 1st|
|Summer||April 1st||March 1st|
* International students applying from a US institution may refer to the Domestic Applications deadlines.
You may need to print the application instructions or have them handy to assist you when logging in for the first time. Please also visit the “Requirements” tab above, and review the information there.
Step 1 – Completing the Application
All sections of the application are to be completed including submission of the application. Applications are not processed unless submitted by the applicant. Please call 318-257-2924 or email if you have any questions.
TIP: You will need to have the following information handy when completing your application
- Names and dates of all post-secondary Universities attended where credit was attempted (whether or not credit was earned)
- Date of most recent or highest GRE/GMAT test and the registration number. (Not required for Executive MBA applicants) The test must be no older than 5 years.
- Unofficial transcripts for uploading
- International students — date of most recent or highest TOEFL/IELTS test score; scores cannot be older than 2 years of age
- International students completing ELS 112 Certification — upload a copy of the ELS Certificate
- International student — English translation of foreign transcripts
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be submitted
Step 2 – Creating Your Account
- Select the APPLY NOW button
- Create a temporary login name and password
- Select NEW APPLICANT if you have NEVER logged into the system before, even if you have attended Louisiana Tech University previously
- You will be asked to enter your login/email address — this must be an active email address that will be verified by the system; this will serve as your permanent login from this point forward and will be how the Graduate School will communicate with you
- Enter your name
- You will be asked to enter a new password that must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 6 characters in length
- Must contain at least one lower case letter
- Must contain at least one upper case letter
- Must contain at least one digit
- Must contain at least one of the following special characters: ! @ # $ % ^ & + –
- Select CREATE ACCOUNT
- Verify your new account by clicking on the link sent to the email you provided in Step 4 — if the link sent to your email account is not clickable, simply copy and paste the entire link into your browser and select ENTER
- Log into the system using your entire email address (that is email@example.com) and the new password you created — please keep this information in a safe place for future reference (the Graduate School will not have a record of your password)
From this point forward, when returning to your application, you can select the LOG IN button after entering your email Login and Password.