LIFE ON CAMPUS
Mitchell hall’s single and flex private wing opened in Winter 2022, with the suite wing scheduled to open Spring 2023. The hall is situated on Tech Drive next to our newest halls, Richardson and Cottingham. This newest phase of student housing will provide housing options for both incoming freshmen and returning students. With a centrally located floor commons in the knuckle of two wings, residents will enjoy a space to study, share a meal and build a community. Separate smaller lounges/study rooms will be located on each wing that will be accessible only by the students residing on that wing. Mitchell hall will offer three different room configurations – a suite style option where two students will share a bathroom in their room, a single bedroom option where 6-7 residents will share a community restroom of two showers and two toilets, a flex bedroom option that will give us a larger single bedroom and a community restroom of two showers and two toilets with 7-14 residents. The proximity to the new intramural fields as well as outdoor seating areas will provide opportunities for residents to gather outdoors.
You can find virtual tour links by clicking on the floor name under the Mitchell floor plans or by clicking here.
- Wifi in common areas and wired internet in the rooms
- Community Kitchen, study rooms, laundry rooms
- Community bathrooms for single and private flex rooms (no more than 10 sharing a restroom)
- Bathrooms in the suite rooms (two residents share a bathroom). Bathrooms include a toilet, shower and sink with cabinets underneath
- Built in closet nook in the suites and flex private rooms; wardrobes in the single rooms
- Private flex rooms have an adjustable height twin XL bed and two of the two-drawer stackable chests
- Suites have a twin XL loft bed, desk and chair, and two of the two-drawer stackable chests per resident
- Single private rooms have an adjustable height twin XL bed, wardrobe, desk and chair and three-drawer chest
- Single and private flex rooms do not have a sink and mirror in the rooms
Rates (per resident per quarter)
Suites – 9 month
Single Private bedroom – 9 month
Single Bed Flex Room – 9 month
(Please note that dimensions may vary slightly if room is designated ADA or due to location on the hall)
Single Rooms: 12′ – 2 5/8″ x 8′ – 10 1/2″
Private Flex Rooms: 14′ – 8 7/8″ x 10′ – 6 1/2″
Suite Rooms: 20′ – 3 7/8″ x 10′ – 10 1/2″
Each room has a window that is 48″ W x 80″ L. Windows in the single rooms have a window seat. Each window has an installed window shade. End rooms have an additional window that is 31″ W x 72″ L with a shade.
Ceilings are 9.5 feet in the bedroom.
Closet Nook: 26″ Deep, 35″ Wide, 13.5″ Ceiling to Shelf, 75″ Bottom of Shelf to Floor, 15″ Shelf Depth
Mail and Packages:
Name as appears on your CWID
305 Wisteria St
Ruston, LA 71272
Physical Address: Tech Dr., Ruston, LA