‘Merry Wives of Windsor’ comes to Tech
Louisiana Tech’s Stone Theatre has announced the dates for the upcoming production of “Merry Wives of Windsor.” This modern adaptation of Shakespeare’s famous comedy is filled with love, deception and revenge mingled with ironic comedy.
The story centers on the popular character of Sir John Falstaff. Arriving in town, out of money, Falstaff hopes to better his circumstances by courting two very wealthy and married women. These “merry wives” are not interested in Falstaff but together decide to seek revenge for his assumptions.
Shakespeare’s “Merry Wives of Windsor,” is directed by Paul B. Crook, an assistant professor of theater. The scheduled performance dates are April 29 to May 2 and from May 6-9. All shows will be at 7:30 p.m. in the Stone Theatre, located in Howard Auditorium, Center for the Performing Arts.
The cast for “Merry Wives of Windsor” include the following, listed by their hometowns:
• Joscelyne Oktabetz as Mistress Quickly
• Jessica Johnson as Jan
• Coka Collins as Rugby
• Amanda Tatum as Corporal Nym
• Jami Windham as Pistol
• Amy Updegraff as Hostess
• Michaela Madison as Mistress Page
• Natalie Weaver as Simple
• Laura Weil as Rachel
• James Fletcher from Mena as Falstaff
• Cory Alexander Lewis from El Dorado as Slender
• Jessica Nash from El Dorado as Corporal Bardolph
• Brianna Case from Carrolton as Mistress Ford
• Chase Green from Gainesville as Page
• Andrew Dylan Ray from Lexington as Dr. Caius
• Matthew Bass from St. Louis as Sir Hugh Evans
• Ryan Angus Gentry from Rowlett as Fenton
• Kelsie Coker from Malakoff as Anne Page
• Hardy Bates from Waskom as Ford
• Anastasia Trammell from Austin as Shallow
Any questions regarding the production may be directed to the Louisiana Tech University Theatre Department by calling (318) 257-2930. Tickets can be purchased through the box office, located in the lobby of Howard Auditorium. Admission is $10 for adults, $6 for senior citizens and children under the age of 18 and $5 for Tech students with a Tech ID. Box office hours are Monday through Friday from 1:30-4:45 p.m. Reservations may also be made by calling (318) 257-3942.
Written by Judith Roberts