College of Engineering and Science announces its 2012 Distinguished Alumni
The honorees are selected annually from each program or discipline within the College for their professional accomplishments in engineering and science as well as serving as outstanding ambassadors for Louisiana Tech University.
The 2012 program award recipients are:
- George A. Baldwin Jr., B.S. Petroleum Engineering 1978, Principal and Co-founder, Baldwin Madden Energy, Shreveport, Louisiana
- John G. “Pete” Ball Jr., B.S. Chemical Engineering 1961, Principal and Co-founder, Xroads Solutions Group, Dallas, Texas
- William B. Boggs Jr., Electrical Engineering Technology 1984, Senior Manager, Boeing, Huntsville, Alabama
- Laura G. Gahn, B.S. Chemistry 1985, Director of Operations, North American Forensics, Orchid Cellmark, Dallas, Texas
- Tom M. Hazelwood, B.S. Industrial Engineering 1986, Regional Manager, Georgia Pacific, Lebanon, Tennessee
- Dana J. Landry, M.S. Biomedical Engineering 1977, Director of Research & Development, Covidien, Boulder, Colorado
- Bobby B. Lyle, B.S. Mechanical Engineering 1963, Chairman, President and CEO, Lyco Energy Corporation, Dallas, Texas
- Brent C. Parker Ph.D., B.S. Physics 1997, Director, Division of Physics and Engineering, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Phillip R. Parker, B.S. Construction Engineering Technology 1983, President, P.R. Parker Company, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Tim Petrus, B.S. Electrical Engineering 1976, Vice President, XTO Energy, Fort Worth, Texas
- Dr. Donna Smith Reese, B.S. Computer Science 1979, Associate Dean, Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi
- Thomas A. Sample Sr., B.S. Mathematics 1961, Vice President, Haggar Company, Dallas, Texas
- Kenneth W. Smith, Civil Engineering 1986, President and CEO, T. Baker Smith, Houma, Louisiana.
The College of Engineering and Science will present the awards Friday, January 27at the Lincoln Parish Library in Ruston, Louisiana. Dr. Stan Napper, dean of the College of Engineering and Science, will oversee the ceremony and honor the distinguished alums.
Written by Catherine Fraser – email@example.com