Tech student reigns as Miss Louisiana

Jun 26, 2012 | General News

Miss Tech 2012 Lauren Vizza was crowned Miss Louisiana last Saturday.

Lauren Vizza, Miss Louisiana 2012, won the crown as Miss Louisiana Tech last November

Vizza, a senior political science and history major from Shreveport, was one of seven women from Louisiana Tech competing for the title, and she said she is looking forward to representing her university and her state.
“I am very proud Tech student. I’m going to represent my school,” Vizza said. “My job is to represent the entire state now.”
She will vie for the title of Miss America in January and will take a year off from school to prepare for the competition. Vizza said she will also travel the state as Miss Louisiana to raise awareness for her platform, volunteerism. She hopes students will begin volunteering at an early age to encourage them to continue serving the community throughout their lives.
“I’ve been volunteering since I was very young,” Vizza said. “Encourage them to find things they’re interested in. If you start young, you build lifelong habits.”
She said she is looking forward to the next chapter of her life. Vizza said she enjoyed the Miss Louisiana competition and the other participants who became her friends.
“We were all friends,” she said. “We had so much fun. I’ve made some incredible friends. It makes it wonderful.”