Louisiana Tech forms search committee for new head football coach
The search committee will be chaired by Dr. Les Guice, Louisiana Tech’s president-elect, and current executive vice president and vice president for research and development.
Guice’s leadership will ensure the process involves a university-wide strategic focus and that decisions made by the committee are in the best interest of the growth and stability of the entire institution. The diversity in composition of the committee will ensure representation from across the campus.
“We are moving swiftly, but carefully in our search for a new head football coach,” said Reneau. “In addition to finding someone to lead our football program forward, we also seek someone who meets the high standards that we have for those who lead our student-athletes and someone who will represent Louisiana Tech University with passion, integrity and character.”
Search committee members include:
- Dr. Les Guice (chair) – President-Elect, Executive Vice President, Vice President of Research & Development
- Dr. James Liberatos – Chair of the Athletics Council and Faculty Representative, Dean of the College of Applied and Natural Sciences
- Mr. Steve Davison – Athletics Council Member and Alumnus
- Dr. Jim King – Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dr. Terry McConathy – Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Mr. Bruce Van De Velde – Athletics Director
- Mr. William Dearmon – Student Government President
Dan Parker and Associates of Atlanta, Georgia will assist the search committee in the identification and vetting of coaching candidates.
“This is an important hire for the entire university and we’ll need to involve representatives from all corners of the campus,” Reneau said.
During the search process, Stan Eggen, defensive line coach and recruitment coordinator, will serve as acting head coach until a permanent head coach is hired.