College of Engineering and Science honors outstanding students, faculty
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;}
Louisiana Tech University’s College of Engineering and Science has announced its 2014 Outstanding Students and Faculty.
Each year, faculty and staff from the College of Engineering and Science select juniors and seniors from all majors who have excelled academically and who have been active in college events and organizations. Students, in turn, select two outstanding faculty members through a college-wide vote.
“The Outstanding Junior and Senior Awards are a great way to honor our students for their dedication, hard work, and persistence, not only in their academic career but also in their campus involvement,” said Allie De Leo, student success specialist for the College of Engineering and Science. “We as a College are very proud of these students, and congratulate them on their efforts.”
The 2014 College of Engineering and Science Outstanding Seniors are:
- Rachel Baker, biomedical engineering,
- Justin Black, construction engineering technology,
- Trey Carpenter, electrical engineering,
- Adam Chadwick, electrical engineering,
- Cedric Davis, chemical engineering,
- Vinh Lam, mechanical engineering,
- Michael Orlan Lockhart, chemical engineering,
- Shelby Maddox, nanosystems engineering,
- Salvatore Pellittieri, civil engineering,
- Anil Thapa, physics and math, and
- Neil Vosburg, computer science.
The 2014 College of Engineering and Science Outstanding Juniors are:
- Lanie Chaplin, construction engineering technology,
- Amy Degate, chemical engineering,
- Thomas Dixon, chemistry and math,
- Forest Engel, electrical engineering,
- Holly Grigsby, biomedical engineering,
- Jacob Smith, mechanical engineering,
- Christa Swafford, electrical engineering,
- Morgan Tanner, electrical engineering,
- Camtrang Tran, chemical engineering,
- Joshua Tully, chemistry, and
- Jonathan Weerakkody, nanosystems engineering.
The 2014 College of Engineering and Science Outstanding Faculty are Dr. Michael Swanbom, lecturer of mechanical engineering, and Dr. Heath Tims, associate professor of mechanical engineering. Both Swanbom and Tims serve as faculty sponsors for Louisiana Tech’s award-winning Eco-marathon team.
Written by Brandy McKnight – email@example.com