Five Tech students compete for Miss Louisiana
The five competitors are:
- Miss Spirit of Ruston Anna Blake, an incoming freshman from Ruston;
- Miss Pride of Monroe Abby Chowns, a senior from Monroe;
- Miss Louisiana Bayou Caroline Daughdrill, a junior from Bossier City;
- Miss Louisiana Tech University Meagan Lee, a senior from Delhi; and
- Miss Shreveport Julianne Tippen, a senior from West Monroe.
Chowns, Lee and Tippen have previously competed in Miss Louisiana.
Annie Jantz, counselor/academic support coordinator at Tech, said all five women are wonderful representatives of the university.
“The dedication required to prepare for all the phases of competition is incredible,” Jantz said. “These contestants exemplify the tenets of confidence, commitment and enthusiasm, making them exemplary representatives for Louisiana Tech and what it stands for.”
The last time a Tech student was crowned Miss Louisiana was in 2012, when Miss Tech Lauren Vizza won the crown. This year’s Miss Louisiana pageant will be held June 26-28 in Monroe.