Tech holds winter 2018 nursing pinning ceremony
Twenty-five graduates received their professional Louisiana Tech nursing pins. Awards were presented as follows:
- Academic Excellence – Mia Davis;
- Pennington Visionary Leader Award – Melani Howard;
- Nursing Tenets of Tech Award – Jayln’ Hampton;
- Spirit of Patient Care Award – Mia Davis, Chase Roberts, and Lindsey Allen;
- Teamwork and Collaboration Award (selected by peers) – Chloe Rumminger and Melani Howard;
- Student Nurses Association Award – Melani Howard;
- Military Service Recognition – Daniel Nickeson.
The following graduates received nursing pins signifying successful completion of their nursing curriculum at Louisiana Tech: Emily Michelle Allen, Lindsey Allen, Mia Christina Davis, Paula Michele Dease, Racheal Perkins Gurley, Jayln’ Hampton, Savannah Marie Hancock, Caleb Hunter Hathorn, Mackenzie Hendrix, Casey Henley, Melani Howard, Alexandra Glori Landry, Daniel Nickeson, Rachael Lynne Patterson, Caley Pyles, Chase Allen Roberts, Kristina Rowe, Ashley Nicole Smith, Chloe Rumminger, Sharlotte Rebecca Thomas, Andrea Walker, Carley Laine Watkins, Lexi White, Christain White, and Kristina Lea Williams.
Following Commencement, the graduates will be eligible to take the NCLEX-RN National Licensing Exam to become registered nurses.
Last April, Tech’s Division of Nursing was selected for the second consecutive year as Louisiana’s Nursing School of the Year – Undergraduate Program for 2017. The award was presented during the 16th Annual Nightingale Gala in Baton Rouge. Tech’s program was selected by a team of nursing leaders from nine states outside of Louisiana. It is awarded based on the program’s commitment to selecting, retaining, and educating future nurses, innovation in nursing education, NCLEX first-time pass rates for the prior two years, and for faculty and student involvement in their professional organizations.