Winter 2020 Nursing Pinning Ceremony recognizes 24
The Louisiana Tech University award-winning Division of Nursing held its traditional Pinning Ceremony for Winter 2020 graduates Tuesday evening in Howard Auditorium. Twenty-four graduates received their professional Louisiana Tech nursing pins.
Here are the 2020 winter graduates:
Morgan Alexandra Andrews, Ryan Michele Bailey, Emily Katherine Bateman, Teylor Anne Berthelot, Mackenzie Paige Branton, Victoria Sharell Coleman, Nina Nicole Collins, Alyse Marie Couture, Sierra Simoné Davis, Samantha Lauren Duke, Samantha Brooke Funderburk, Weslee Colton Hays, Naomi Esmerelda Hill, Kaylee Martin, Mary Reagan Moran, Kaitlyn Diane Raney, Megan Ashley Ratcliff, Savannah Grace Rogers, Abigail Clairee Sellers, Shelby Strange Garrett, Haley Lynn Sullivan, Wriley Sanders Thomas, Caitlin Michelle Tibbits, and Douglas Ray Walding III.
Each student was also presented a commemorative Nightingale Lamp provided by Northern Louisiana Medical Center. Following Winter Commencement Saturday, March 7, the students will be eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX), the nationwide examination for the licensing of nurses in the United States and Canada, to become Registered Nurses.
Here are Tuesday’s special awards and award winners:
- Nursing Ambassador Recognition: Ryan Michele Bailey, Samantha Brooke Funderburk, Wriley Sanders Thomas, Douglas Ray Walding III, Samantha Lauren Duke, Weslee Colton Hays;
- Academic Excellence: Morgan Alexandra Andrews;
- Nursing Tenets of Tech Award: Douglas Ray Walding III;
- Spirit of Patient Care Awards: Victoria Sharell Coleman, Ryan Michele Bailey, Samantha Lauren Duke;
- Teamwork and Collaboration Award: Wriley Sanders Thomas.