Tech Top 5 – Places to Visit
Note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have the chance to learn a little more about our Louisiana Tech University Family: students, staff, alumni, faculty, and friends. We’ll call it Tech Top 5. Go to LATechSports.com for more Top 5s. #TogetherApart
Dr. Terry McConathy
Dr. Terry McConathy is Louisiana Tech’s Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. She loves to travel in her time off, often to exotic places. So we asked her, what have been your favorite trips?
- Morocco: From the medina in Marrakesh to the starlit hikes in the desert.
- Mongolia: The nomadic way of life (disappearing within 20 years), camel treks in sandstorms, dinosaurs in the Flaming Hills.
- Tanzania: Of course, the wildlife, camping in the Serengeti, tracking rare cats and primates in the wilderness.
- The Galapagos: Rare, indigenous species living in an almost primeval, untouched environment.
- Antarctica: The purity, rarity, immensity, and isolation of sky, ice, water.