Top 5 – Party games
Note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have the chance to learn a little more about our Louisiana Tech University Family: students, staff, alumni, faculty, and friends. We’ll call it Tech Top 5. Go to LATechSports.com for more Top 5s. #TogetherApart
Amy Bell is Louisiana Tech’s Research Communication Specialist in University Communications. She enjoys party games with family and friends. We asked her to share her favorites, and why.
- Telestrations: Requires very little skill, it’s simple, and it’s highly entertaining. I’ve played in multiple friend groups, as well as with my family, and it’s led to many, many laughs.
- Balderdash: Demands creativity, and sometimes the most ridiculous, unexpected things people come up with will have you in tears. I will say, though, it helps if you have funny friends.
- Codenames: The rules are simple, but it requires lots of thought. It’s perfect for competitive people who don’t mind racking their brains a bit.
- The Jackbox Party Pack 3: Jackbox Party Packs actually have five games in each of their packs, but they require everyone to use their phone. These packs are fun to play with family and friends while social distancing.
- Catch Phrase: It’s a classic guessing game. It requires you to be quick on your feet. It’s especially fun in large groups.