Top 5 – Words
Note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have the chance to learn a little more about our Louisiana Tech University Family: students, staff, alumni, faculty, and friends. We’ll call it Tech Top 5. Go to LATechSports.com for more Top 5s. #TogetherApart
Brandy McKnight is the Communications Coordinator and Online Proctor Coordinator for Louisiana Tech’s College of Engineering and Science. She also loves a good word; where in tarnation would we be without them? We asked her to share her favorites.
- Catawampus: Best description of my interior design skill; besides can you think of a more Southern word? Okay, maybe…
- Y’all: It’s the second most useful word in the English language, only behind…
- Awesome!: Gotta love a word that can be used to show extreme excitement or light sarcasm.
- Millennia: The scope of millennium’s plural is generally a guidepost toward a fascinating discussion or a fun exaggeration.
- Quark: By far the coolest word on my list, a subatomic particle or a dairy product. Seriously … Google it. (We saved you the trouble and hooked you up with hyperlinks.)