CASE recognizes Louisiana Tech for fundraising achievement
The Louisiana Tech University Foundation has been recognized for outstanding overall fundraising performance by the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
The University was one of five public research and doctoral-granting institutions in the world with endowments under $215 million recognized for its “solid program growth, breadth in the base of support and other indications of a mature, well-maintained program,” according to CASE.
Louisiana Tech President Dr. Les Guice expressed thanks to the Tech Family for its support through two challenging years.
“Our supporters – alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends – continue to help our University achieve its goals through their generosity of time, talent, and funds,” Guice said. “We are so thankful for their continued belief in Louisiana Tech’s mission and their commitment to our future success.”
CASE’s Educational Fundraising Awards annually recognize exemplary development programs based on a blind review of data submitted to the CASE Voluntary Support of Education (VSE) survey. CASE member institutions that have participated in the VSE for the past three years are automatically considered.
A committee of experienced fundraisers reviews survey data including:
- Patterns of growth in total support
- Evaluation of what contributed to the total support figure
- Overall breadth of fundraising
- Patterns of growth in gifts from sources including alumni, other individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Impact of the 12 largest gifts on total support
- Giving to areas such as current operations, endowment, and property/buildings
- Amount raised per student
- Amount raised relative to expenditures
- Alumni participation
In the past year, Louisiana Tech has exceeded its ambitious Forever Loyal campaign goal of $125 million. The University community also donated over $1 million to benefit Louisiana Tech during its 2019 and 2020 Giving Days.