Top 5 – Reasons to serve in SGA

Nov 3, 2020 | Top 5

Note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have the chance to learn a little more about our Louisiana Tech University Family: students, staff, alumni, faculty, and friends. We’ll call it Tech Top 5. Go to LATechSports.com for more Top 5s. #TogetherApart

Hannah Cobb

Hannah Cobb

Hannah Cobb is a fourth-year concurrent MBA student at Louisiana Tech. During her four years, she has had the opportunity to be involved in a variety of clubs and organizations across campus, including SGA. For the past two years, she has served at SGA Treasurer, and before that she served as a College of Business Senator. Here are five of her favorite things about her time in SGA.

1. Ability to serve: SGA is an incredible organization because it gives us as students the power to make a difference for other students and our campus. If there is something on campus that we think needs improvement, we have the ability to present it and get it done.
  2. Relationships with administration: Another one of my favorite things about SGA is the relationship we have with administration. They trust our opinion, and they ask for our help. I think this is very unique to our University, and it is something that facilitates a healthy line of communication between students and administration.
  3. Leadership opportunities: SGA has helped me tremendously in developing my leadership skills. As Treasurer specifically, I have gained confidence in public speaking and voicing my own opinion. It is so empowering to be trusted with a position like this and to know that people believe I have something useful to bring to the table.
  4. Diverse perspectives: In SGA, I have had the opportunity to meet and talk to a lot of different people with a lot of different backgrounds and ideas. I am thankful for the perspectives I have gained from all of the people I have come in contact with through SGA.
  5. The “SGA Family”: SGA is a family. I have found some of my closest friends in this organization. We get the job done, but we also have a lot of fun and just live life together.