Top 5 – Reasons to serve in SGA
Note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have the chance to learn a little more about our Louisiana Tech University Family: students, staff, alumni, faculty, and friends. We’ll call it Tech Top 5. Go to LATechSports.com for more Top 5s. #TogetherApart
Hannah Cobb is a fourth-year concurrent MBA student at Louisiana Tech. During her four years, she has had the opportunity to be involved in a variety of clubs and organizations across campus, including SGA. For the past two years, she has served at SGA Treasurer, and before that she served as a College of Business Senator. Here are five of her favorite things about her time in SGA.
- Ability to serve: SGA is an incredible organization because it gives us as students the power to make a difference for other students and our campus. If there is something on campus that we think needs improvement, we have the ability to present it and get it done.
- Relationships with administration: Another one of my favorite things about SGA is the relationship we have with administration. They trust our opinion, and they ask for our help. I think this is very unique to our University, and it is something that facilitates a healthy line of communication between students and administration.
- Leadership opportunities: SGA has helped me tremendously in developing my leadership skills. As Treasurer specifically, I have gained confidence in public speaking and voicing my own opinion. It is so empowering to be trusted with a position like this and to know that people believe I have something useful to bring to the table.
- Diverse perspectives: In SGA, I have had the opportunity to meet and talk to a lot of different people with a lot of different backgrounds and ideas. I am thankful for the perspectives I have gained from all of the people I have come in contact with through SGA.
- The “SGA Family”: SGA is a family. I have found some of my closest friends in this organization. We get the job done, but we also have a lot of fun and just live life together.