Top 5: Favorite things about the NBA
Note: This series started during the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, we have the chance to learn a little more about our Louisiana Tech University Family: students, staff, alumni, faculty, and friends. We’ll call it Tech Top 5.
Jaylen Martin is a freshman mechanical engineering major from Winnsboro and a student manager for Louisiana Tech’s Dunkin’ Dogs who loves spending time at the Thomas Assembly Center with his teammates, who finished the season 24-8 and beat Colorado State, 76-74, in the consolation game of the NIT. Now it’s NBA Finals time, and Martin shares with us his Top 5 Favorite Things about the NBA.
- Russell Westbrook: Westbrook is my favorite player, so I love to watch him play on the court. His agility, skill, and drive really shows throughout games, which makes fans and myself pay close attention to him. I hope to meet my idol in my own future basketball career one day.
- Dallas Mavericks: If I had to pick one NBA team to play for, this team would definitely be my choice. I like to say it is my “dream team.” I love the Dallas area and I think the Mavericks are the best team in Texas for basketball. It is close enough to home and my family, and I would also love the opportunity to play with Luka Donic.
- Bradley Beal: This is my favorite shooting guard in the NBA and I love his game. He’s one of the best scorers in the league, so I like to watch him to learn new ways of scoring. I am a shooting guard too, so I like to apply some of his skills to my own.
- NBA All Star Game: This is one of my favorite events in the NBA because you get to watch these teams of basketball stars go head-to-head in February. It’s such a great experience to get to sit around and watch it every year with friends and family back home.
- The NBA Playoffs and Finals: This by far the most intense time of the NBA season. Eight teams in the Eastern Conference and Western Conference battle it out until there is one team from each conference in the NBA Finals. Everything is a 7-game series and this is all for the NBA Championship.