Brister steps into new role within the Office of the President

Jan 24, 2023 | Faculty/Staff, General News

Leslie Brister, a Louisiana Tech graduate (‘15) and former Senior Admission Specialist for the College of Engineering and Science, has transitioned into a new role as Special Events and Facilities Coordinator for the Office of the President.

Leslie Brister, Specialist Events and Facilities Coordinator During her time as an admission specialist, Brister became well known for the celebrations in the Integrated Engineering and Sciences building. From the weekly Saturday visit events for prospective students to COES Commitment Day, Brister utilized her event planning and hospitality skills to further the campus community.   

“As an admission specialist, I had the opportunity to show prospective students Louisiana Tech’s culture,” Brister said. “Now I can continue to do it on a much greater scale while further developing my own hospitality skills.”

In the coming months, Brister will help facilitate and plan logistics for events across campus. 

“I am excited to interact with people from different walks and stages of life,” Brister said. “Whether it is a prospective student’s first campus event or a retirement party for a well respected faculty member, let’s celebrate it!”