Opera Workshop audition videos deadline Feb. 10
Open auditions for the Louisiana Tech School of Music’s Spring 2023 Opera Workshop will end Feb. 10.
This year’s show is titled A Word From Our Sponsors and will feature famous vocal tunes from television commercials past and present.
All singers interested in being a part of the cast are encouraged to submit an audition video.
Here are the Audition Video Submission guidelines:
- present two songs — 1) an art song or aria in any language (including English), and 2) a song in a contrasting style or contrasting mood (can be another art song/aria, a musical theater selection, or a jazz standard);
- use a backing or accompaniment track;
- record each song as a separate video;
- at the beginning of each video, state your name, the song title, the show title, and the composer;
- upload each video to YouTube as an unlisted video, and then paste the video links into this audition form:https://forms.gle/SBxr6FizqhD49WQ69.
Singers who are cast must enroll in MUEN 234 in spring quarter and attend weekly rehearsals from 4-5:50 p.m. each Tuesday and Thursday.
Performance dates are May 5-6.
For more information, contact Brandi Estwick, Director of Opera Workshop, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.