I/O Psych program attends SIOP conference in Boston

Jun 19, 2023 | Alumni, Education and Human Sciences, Faculty/Staff, General News, Research and Development, Students

Louisiana Tech University’s Industrial-Organizational (I/O) Psychology program participated at The Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) conference in April 2023 in Boston, Massachusetts.

Faculty members had the opportunity to present their research findings and engage in meaningful discussions with fellow experts contributing to the advancement of the field. The presence of Louisiana Tech’s faculty and students at the SIOP convention was a testament to the institution’s dedication to staying at the forefront of I/O Psychology research and practice.

“The SIOP annual conference always presents a great opportunity for faculty and students of all career stages to present ongoing research, learn the most recent developments in our field, reconnect with professional networks, make new connections, and even meet face-to-face with employers to explore internships and full-time employment opportunities,” said Dr. ./Steven Toaddy, Interim Chair of the Department of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences.

Dr. Mitzi Desselles, professor and member of the core faculty in I/O Psychology at Louisiana Tech, went above and beyond to support the participation of her colleagues and students. Utilizing a portion of her Chester Ellis Endowed Professorship in Education, she generously aided in travel expenses, enabling a deserving doctoral student to attend the convention.

“I firmly believe that the value of education extends far beyond the classroom,” Desselles said. “As an educator, I am responsible for fostering growth and empowering students. Through experiences like the SIOP conference, we can open doors to endless possibilities with a culture of learning and collaboration in I/O Psychology.”

The participation of the program’s delegation in the SIOP convention brought recognition to the University and highlighted its commitment to providing its faculty and students with opportunities to excel and grow. By supporting and encouraging engagement in conferences like this, the University demonstrates its dedication to the academic and professional development of the community.

To learn more about the I/O Psychology program, contact Dr. ./Steven Toaddy at 318.257.5066, Toaddy@LATech.edu, or visit the website here.