Advancement announces 2023 Distinguished Alumni
Louisiana Tech University’s Alumni Association will honor a special group of graduates during this year’s Homecoming celebrations. The Alumni Association first recognized Distinguished Alumni in 1968.
This year’s recipients are:
- Kyle McDonald, Founder and CEO of Argent Financial Group, Class of 1981 – Alumnus of the Year
- William T. Dearmon, President and CEO of the Ruston-Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, Class of 2013 – Young Alumnus of the Year
- Richard “Dick” Fowler, retired Executive Vice President and CFO of Texas Industries, Inc., Class of 1965 – College of Business
- Don Metz, Sr. Vice President and Chief Geologist of Arena Energy, Class of 1979 – College of Engineering and Science
- Shannon C. Boyer, retired Social Gerontologist of Central Arkansas AAA, Class of 1976 – College of Applied and Natural Sciences
- Lee Kinnebrew, IV, Vice President Flight Operations of Southwest Airlines, Class of 1992 – College of Liberal Arts
- Ann Metz, Special Needs Educator and Academic Advisor, Class of 1978 – College of Education and Human Sciences
The individuals named as the University’s 2023 Distinguished Alumni Award winners will be honored during Homecoming week at a luncheon, in the Loyal Blue March and Homecoming Parade, and on the field during the football game.
The annual Alumni Awards Luncheon is on Nov. 10, at 11:30 a.m. in the Davison Athletics Complex. Individual tickets are available for purchase.
For more information, and to purchase tickets, please contact Louisiana Tech University Advancement at Info@LaTechAlumni.org or 318.255.7950.