Debate Team starts season strong at TCU
Louisiana Tech’s Debate Team finished second overall and each Tech competitor earned at least one trophy in a late October tournament at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth.
The program is coming off back-to-back state championships.
Here is how Tech finished in the Debate Competition:
· Alex Gibson, a junior architecture major, was a finalist in the varsity division;
· Joseph Miller, a senior biology major, was a semi-finalist in the novice division and a fourth-place speaker;
· Sean Bell, a junior engineering major, was a quarterfinalist in the novice division and second-place speaker;
· Braydan LaFluer, a senior communication major, was a quarterfinalist in the junior varsity division and a fourth-place speaker.
Here is how Tech finished in the Speech Competition:
· Nate Goldstein, a senior communication major, won first place in After Dinner Speaking and fifth in Impromptu Speaking;
· Vanna Richardson, a senior theater major, won third place in Poetry Interpretation.