FACULTY & STAFF
Campus communication – Oct. 9, 2020
Faculty and Staff,
President Guice has been providing updates in recent weeks regarding the University’s transition from our legacy mainframe system to the Workday ERP system for human resources, payroll, and finance functions effective January 4, 2021. We are excited about the upcoming implementation of Workday and the positive impact it will have on our business processes and the services we provide to our faculty, staff, and students.
Please take a moment to view the linked video as one of our employees describes the improvements Workday will bring to her daily responsibilities.
We are asking for your assistance as we prepare for the transition to Workday in the upcoming months. The attached document details the important deadlines for purchasing and other financial transactions, human resources, payroll and financial aid (student payroll) through the end of the calendar year. Adherence to these deadlines is critical to the success of the implementation and will help to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial, human resource, and payroll records for the University.
If you have any questions concerning the upcoming deadlines, please contact the following individuals:
- Classified Civil Service: Alicia Foster firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty/Unclassified Staff/Graduate Assistants : Ashley Jackson email@example.com
- Student Workers: Carol Clements firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchasing: Melissa Hughes, email@example.com
- Travel: Stephen Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grants: Courtney Jarrell, email@example.com
- Other Financial Questions: Dow Eldridge, firstname.lastname@example.org; Cristy Martin, email@example.com; or Lisa Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org
We have had several questions regarding the training schedule for our faculty and staff. Information about the upcoming training opportunities will be available in the next two weeks.
Thank you for your continued cooperation during this critical time in our Workday implementation.
Lisa L. Cole
Vice President for Finance