Five Louisiana Tech students to participate in 2016 Miss Louisiana pageant
The competition will take place at 7:30 p.m. nightly, June 23-25 at the Monroe Civic Center. The preliminary competition will be held Thursday and Friday, and the live statewide telecast of the finals will be held on Saturday. Qualified contestants from all over the state will compete for the Miss Louisiana crown, educational scholarships as well as advancement to the Miss America pageant in September in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The five Louisiana Tech contestants are:
- Rachel Vizza, a senior studio art major from Shreveport and Miss Louisiana Tech University;
- Eva Edinger, a senior biology major from Ruston and Miss Union Parish
- Anna Blake, a junior kinesiology and health promotion major from Ruston and Miss Dixie Gem Peach
- Ana Deloach, a junior marketing major from Woodworth and Miss Cane River and;
- Kelsey Wilkes, a sophomore biology major from Hamburg and Miss CenLA.
Blake and Edinger have competed previously in the Miss Louisiana pageant. This year’s Miss Louisiana will succeed the 2015 winner April Nelson of Mandeville.
Throughout the years, the Miss Louisiana Organization has crowned individuals who continue to be positive influences on society. According to their website, the organization takes pride in the rich heritage that each Miss Louisiana has left on the state and throughout her year of service. All past Miss Louisianas continue to be leaders in their community and in their field.
For more information on the Miss Louisiana pageant and organization, visit http://www.misslouisiana.com.
Written by Judith Roberts – firstname.lastname@example.org